Welcome to California Estate Liquidators & Auctioneers!
- For over two decades, we specialized in antiques and rare books online sales. We were also able to provide additional services such as appraisals for Trusts Executors and Estate Attorney. While doing appraisals, we realized how important is to transition ourselves into contemporary and mid-century furniture, fine art, collectibles, jewelry, rugs and more.
- As the demand grew, Adrian and Alice opened their first company, family owned, Erlich, Kramer & Associates Antiquarians, LLC and under its umbrella, their first Estate Sales company named California Estate Liquidators. In 2012, the couple founded their second company, Trove Auctioneers whose focus was to provide their customers another channel to sell their estates online. Eventually, we merged the two companies into one company, that is California Estate Liquidators & Auctioneers. This allows you, our customer, to choose what is best for you: having an Estate Sale on premises or an auction. We will guide you each step on the pros and cons for each alternative.
- Out staff has over 63 years combined of experience in appraisals and evaluation and we became very competitive in the market place due to our recognized knowledge, trustworthiness, customers service and competitive fees. Our staff attends regularly sessions with our piers and is up to date with the latest changes in IRS rules required to know when we liquidate a Trust. So, you can TRUST US!
- We know the market! We check daily the prices at auctions using our advanced technology and when we meet with our clients, even before signing the contract we tell them what can be sold and the approximate value.
- Independently of which alternative you choose, the estate remains with you until we sell the estate. Usually, we pay our customers within 2 days or less upon completion of the liquidation. For auctions, we pay our customers within 7 business days or sooner.
About Adrian & Alice
- Adrian Danescu is a 3rd generation antiques and rare books dealer. Adrian grew up in a home filled with original, mostly French furniture, originating from the 18th and 19th centuries, as well as libraries packed with rare books. His uncle and mother also worked in a rare bookstore and instilled in Adrian the love and appreciation for heirlooms and artifacts from the past. Initially, he became curious about antiques and rare books, however eventually learned from his family at a young age also about the beauty of collecting.
- Adrian worked for his uncle in Bucharest, Romania as an appraiser, and at the age of 22 he was selected to become the youngest appraiser for the Central Library of Romania. After his migration to United States in 1976, Adrian’s first profession was as a computer engineer and his achieved success in this profession, becoming an executive in the financial industry. It was around that time that he was also able to add first editions and rare first editions, as well as first printing signed copies to his cherished book collection. His home became a place where he could relax, while being surrounded by antiques and a collection of books nearing 8,000 in total.
- It has been over 30 years now that Adrian started buying and selling online collectible books and antiques. His passion for books was matched by his wife Alice’s love of vintage and antique furniture, jewelry, and fine art. While working full time, Adrian found time to enjoy his passion and in 2008 he and Alice started to educate themselves in Estate Sales and Liquidation by attending various courses in appraisals and specific legal requirements. This is when Adrian and Alice opened their first company, Erlich, Kramer & Associates Antiquarians, LLC and under its umbrella, their first Estate Sales company named California Estate Liquidators. The next 4 years were challenging as Adrian was able to do Estates Sales only in his spare time Still, they did over 22 Estates Sales over 4 years period. In 2012, Adrian decided to quit his job as a banking executive, when he and Alice opened their first brick and mortar store in Burbank, California named Burbank Books and Antiques. Due to the changes in demographics, they closed the store in 2017.
- In 2012, the couple founded their second company, Trove Auctioneers powered by Liveauctioneers.com whose focus was to provide their customers another channel to sell their heirlooms or estates online. Eventually, they merged the two companies into one, that is,California Estate Liquidators & Auctioneers. Over the past 9 years, they has estates sales and auctions in California, Arizona and Nevada. Last year, in 2018, they had 9 Estates Sales in Southern California only specifically in Glendale, Northridge, LA Crescenta, Santa Ana, Los Angeles and Pasadena.